Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Swinging

How do you like to go up in a swing,
Up in the air so blue?
Oh, I do think it the pleasantest thing
Ever a child can do!

Up in the air and over the wall,
Till I can see so wide,
River and trees and cattle and all
Over the countryside--

Till I look down on the garden green,
Down on the roof so brown--
Up in the air I go flying again,
Up in the air and down!
-Robert Louis Stevenson

We went to the park this morning. My boys ditched their bikes at the playground and scampered up the jungle gym. I sat on the bench like a "mom" and watched them make beleive in their little matching camouflage outfits. Soon, my back started to hurt from sitting on the metal bench, but the boys were still having fun. I looked over at the swings. The soft rubber seat looked inviting, so I walked over and sat down. My back immediately started to feel better. I swung my legs and noticed how perfictly blue the sky was, and how perfectly green the trees and grass were.
Pretty soon, before I knew it, I was flying high up in the air. I could see my little shoes against the chrystal blue sky. My hair was brushing the ground as I leaned back on the way down. The air was soft and cool. The sun was warm. it was a perfect moment. And so much better than sitting on the bench! The boys soon came over and wanted to swing too. I can still hear Texas' bubbly giggle as I pushed him higher and higher.
How do YOU like to go up in a swing, up in the air so blue? Oh, I do think it the pleasantest thing ever a mommy can do!

No comments:

Post a Comment