Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Garden Days Again


It is only February, and around here usually that means screaming wind and icy snow. But this winter has been rather mild, and we are predicted to have an early last frost; So when The sun was shining and the snow was melting yesterday, I looked out the window at my kids and decided to join them. I ended up where I always do, poking through my garden. First I scraped aside some mulch and peered down at the slumbering garden patch. Instead of frozen tundra, I saw brown, moist, gooey dirt. Much like a perfect pan of brownies. I could hold myself back no longer! I grabbed my shovel and started turning it over.

Before long, I had the spinach patch done. The boys soon joined in, collecting handfuls of worms and watching them work their way back into the ground. It was what I would call, a perfect afternoon. It may freeze up soon for another month or two, but we got our little garden fix and we're happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment