Monday, January 2, 2012

Gum Ball Machines

With all that has been going on with the economy and our own experience with trying to make a living, my husband and I have been putting extra thought into how to best prepare our boys to support their families when they are men. We came to the conclusion that above all, they must possess the entrepreneurial spirit. So, we set out to help them develop that. Our first attempt has been to help them start a gumball machine business. We found some machines and bought them as a family. They boys are buying a share in the business by using some of their profits to pay us back for as many machines as they’d like. Recently, we sold some of our machines to generate the funds to better place the rest. Texas and Mechanism helped with cleaning the machines before we delivered them to the buyer. Instead of just cleaning it, they took the things apart, every piece. Then they gave me a tutorial on how the coin mechanism works to dispense the gumball. Then they put them all back together. I was a little dumbfounded. It made me think of the Wright Brothers and their bicycle shop. Well, I don’t know exactly where my boys are headed, but this confirms my theory on sticks. (Refer to last posted entry Just Give Them Sticks).

No comments:

Post a Comment